Cobb Teens Participate in WALK OFF for a Cause Fashion Show | Events
The WALK OFF for a Cause fashion show engaged DECA students at one high school in each Avenue community:
* The Avenue East Cobb (4475 Roswell Road, Marietta, 30062) -- Lassiter High School
* The Avenue Forsyth (410 Peachtree Parkway, Cumming, 30041) -- South Forsyth High School
* The Avenue Peachtree City (239 City Circle) -- Whitewater High School
* The Avenue Webb Gin (1350 Scenic Highway, Snellville, 30078) -- Grayson High School
* The Avenue West Cobb (3625 Dallas Highway, Marietta, 30064) -- Kennesaw Mountain High School
The invitation-only event was held at Terminus (3280 Peachtree Road NE, Atlanta, 30305). The students modeled holiday trends by Avenue retailers, including Banana Republic, Jos. A. Bank, GAP, Sage, Talbots and White House/Black Market. The students worked with Avenue marketing managers to develop a campaign that promoted their particular holiday fashion style within each local community.
A scholarship was awarded to one student from each of the five participating schools.
The "Favorite Model," Emily Layland of Whitewater High School, received the most votes on the Avenue WALK OFF Web site before the competition and won the $1,000 grand prize.
The remaining four students each received a $250 second place prize:
* Kara Greene -- Lassiter High School
* Sabine Jean-Baptiste -- South Forsyth High School
* Najra Maric -- Grayson High School
* Josephine Obiofuma -- Kennesaw Mountain High School
Approximately 300 spectators attended the show.
WALK OFF for a Cause raised $2,500 for the United Way. The show is a component of Cousins Properties' ongoing Partners in Education initiative, which has supported the community's involvement with the United Way since 2006.