Our network

'Hoverboard' sparks fire in Ga. Ritz Carlton | News

Title (Max 100 Characters)

'Hoverboard' sparks fire in Ga. Ritz Carlton
News


GREENE COUNTY, Ga. -- It's one of the hottest gifts to hit shelves this year but the latest incident with a "hoverboard" in a Georgia hotel shows that some can get a little too hot.

The device looked anything but new when authorities responded to the Ritz Carlton in Greene County, Ga.  There, they found the burning remains of a hoverboard and a damaged hotel room.

While these boards don't actually hover, they do allow the rider to glide around various surfaces on two wheels guiding the device with minor shifts in weight - and the aide of a battery to run all the high-tech equipment within.

The sheriff's office is still working to discover exactly how the device caught fire, but around the country they have recently come under heated scrutiny due to blazes originating from the power source.

These battery issues have caused some makes and models of the hoverboard to erupt into flames causing sometimes serious property damage.  Because of that, several major airlines have forbidden them from flights. Other major online retailers have also stopped selling many or all models until the problems are resolved.

The area sheriff's office is warning all who have hoverboards not to leave them unattended.


News

Acworth Deals